Santa Barbara County Family Lawyer
Practice areas for lawyer serving Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Goleta, and Carpinteria
Glenn L. Robertson, family lawyer in Santa Barbara, is Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Robertson possesses more than 30 years of experience as a lawyer, and focuses exclusively on handling family law matters for clients throughout Santa Barbara County, California. His areas of expertise include the following:
- Divorce/Dissolution of marriage: Divorce is an extremely stressful time. A skilled Santa Barbara family law firm can help you keep your emotions in check while protecting your interests and those of your family. Glenn L. Robertson, Attorney at Law focuses solely on family law matters including divorce and dissolution of marriage.
- Child custody: Perhaps one of the most difficult aspects of divorce is child custody. Mr. Robertson has extensive experience in negotiating child custody arrangements on behalf of his clients, keeping the best interests of the child or children in mind at all times.
- Real property disputes: During a divorce, ownership of property often becomes an issue. With our Santa Barbara family law firm acting in your best interest, you can be assured of hiring the necessary experts to value and prove ownership of the properties at issue.
- Asset and property distribution: Glenn L. Robertson, Attorney at Law knows the steps to take for proper valuation and distribution of separate and common property. He can ensure that your situation is thoroughly investigated and documented to protect your rights.
- Matrimonial Law: The dissolution of a marriage encompasses many complex issues. Glenn L. Robertson, Attorney at Law has successfully represented many clients in matrimonial cases.
- Collaborative law: This relatively new approach to divorce is an excellent choice for parties who wish to dissolve a marriage in an amicable and peaceful fashion. Santa Barbara family lawyer Glenn L. Robertson has successfully represented many clients in the collaborative divorce process. He is a member of the Santa Barbara Collaborative Law Group and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Child and spousal support: With the assistance of our family law firm, spousal support and child support can be determined and orders may be adjusted post-divorce if there are changes in circumstances.
- Paternity and maternity: Complex issues of paternity and maternity are best handled with the guidance of experienced family lawyers in Santa Barbara who understand the laws and how they apply to your particular situation.
An experienced family law attorney in Santa Barbara
We understand that when you come to us with a family law problem, you are often confronting one of the most difficult experiences of your life. As an experienced family law attorney in Santa Barbara, Mr. Robertson's goal is to help you resolve the situation as peacefully and amicably as possible so that you and your family can begin the process of moving forward. We utilize forms of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and collaborative law to ease this stressful time, and find creative solutions where both sides can come away from the dispute pleased with the result.
While we aim to resolve family law disputes in a peaceful manner, litigation is sometimes unavoidable. In these situations, we work tirelessly throughout the trial process to protect your rights. As a family lawyer, Mr. Robertson and his legal staff have handled many contentious and complex litigation matters where significant assets are at stake, and work closely with forensic accountants and other experts to ensure that we provide you the best legal representation possible.
Seek experienced legal counsel
If you are involved in a family law dispute, it is critical that you seek assistance from an experienced lawyer skilled at resolving these difficult matters through litigation or alternative dispute resolution. To schedule a consultation with us and discuss your family law issue, contact Glenn L. Robertson today.